On my blog discuss the following: Go to Article - Talk at Work and read tips on things not to share with your co-workers. How do you rank the list? Which topics do you think are most important? Are there any topics you wouldn't talk about with your friends? Why or why not. Due Friday.
On your own blog, discuss what you did over Christmas break. Due Friday.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletei dont really talk about those things any where other than with my friends. the most important are the race ones because you can never really know who might take offence to it. i talk to all of these with my friends.
ReplyDeletekierra mullins H1
I think that these 13 things are logical. If you were to tell your co-worker how much something was worth and it was on your desk at work well than that item could end up missing. Also, all the topics are pretty normal, and reasonable.
ReplyDeleteTaylor Payton
I would rank this list about a nine. I thin the topic that you shouldn't talk about is your personal problems because no one really cares what your going through at home. If you tell others about your personal life than that will get around the office or school and people will look at you and make fun of you. So I would recommend you keep your personal information to yourself.
ReplyDeleteKatie Gill
I'd pretty much talk about anything with my friends but in the workplace I think that talking about your own personal life is the worst thing that you could do unless someone actually wants to talk to you about life.
ReplyDeleteI would rank this list an 8, and the number one thing u shouldn't talk about is politics or religion, because depending on what it is people may judge you or look at you differently. Its not good to talk about any of those things at work or to your friends but politics and religion is the number one thing not to talk about it just causes controversy.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMost of the topics are topics I would talk to my friends about. I don't think I would talk to my friends about how much money I make, since it would look like I was bragging.
ReplyDeleteI think that thwe 13 things are things that you shouldnt share with people, exept cose friends. If you share ideas about a person and they take offence you could be fired. Also nobody cares about your Salary or medical problems. Also if oyu share your informaiton about values of items, they could esily get stollen. tony Coonone
ReplyDeleteI think this list is very logically rank. It goes from petty little things such as gossip, to the importance of race and religion. Most of these topics I would not have a problem discussing with my friends.
ReplyDeleteI don't really talk about any of that stuff other than with my friends or family members. I find it really annoying when people go on and on about stuff no one wants to hear but you have to. so i just try to avoid random blabbering as much as possible. I think the list is sopot on besides the 13 one that one should be higher
ReplyDeleteJack Keith
I think that all 13 things on the list are important. To me, not talking about medical problems is the most important. Interesting stories are fine to tell a coworker, but telling them about your indigestion is going a little too far. There aren't any topics on the list that I wouldn't mention to my friends.
ReplyDeleteRaymond Rainsberger
i generally don't share too much info with my friends at school. I tend to stay pretty clear of very personal info. I talk and joke around with my friends but i keep the really personal stuff to myself. I think keeping your information about your relationship is a bad thing to share with co-workers because they might eventually use it against you.
ReplyDeleteI think that those 13 topics are good examples topics that should not be shared with co-workers. The most important topics that you should NEVER talk about would be your intimate history, personal problems and relationship, or hangovers or wild weekends. It is unprofessional and makes you look bad. With your friends its a different story I probably wouldn't share work info such as salary, but I would tell them my problems I am having because they are there to support me.
ReplyDeleteEverything that was listed was pretty much things that people really shouldn't discuss about during work and sometomes even with their friends. Personal problems and opinions should be kept to yourself even when asked, it may lead to more gossip and can only create a bad image for yourself. For me the most important thing not to discuss would be number 13 and 7. They can be offensive to anyone and can easily start a controversy.
ReplyDeleteStephanie Moreau
i dont really talk about those things any where other than with my friends. the most important are the race ones because you can never really know who might take offence to it. i talk to all of these with my friends.
ReplyDeleteI think that all 13 things on the list are important. To me, not talking about medical problems is the most important. Interesting stories are fine to tell a coworker, but telling them about your indigestion is going a little too far.
ReplyDeleteThose 13 things listed definitely shouldnt be topics shared with co-workers. Things like wild parties and racial comments are unprofessional and they could be highly offending. Talking about things like that is fine with a close friend, but at work it is unexceptable.
ReplyDelete