Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dressing at Work "Dear Abby"

Read the “Dear Abby” article at the following link. What are your thoughts on “Companies dictating a dress code”?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/dailycols/6207386.html

17 comments:

  1. i believe that this is completely correct. when people are at work they need to focus on work not your butt so you should wear clothes that fit and are appropriate

    kierra mullins

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree with the article. During your job you should try to look at least some what professional, not trying to look like the girl who was previously at the beach or the person who hasn't showered for over two weeks.

    Stephanie Moreau

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they should were uniforms because if you dont have a uniform you have to worry about wat your gonna wear and all that stuff so i think that they should wear work clothes..

    ReplyDelete
  4. i believe that they should get 3 strikes and then they get fired, i agree with the article and i think they did the right thing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believer that they should get 3 strikes and then they get fired, i agree with the article and i think they did the right thing
    Chad Wingate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the article, I think that you should dress professional because if you don't it seems like your not dedicated to your work. So dress for an office not a party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have to say I agree with this completely. They should dress appropriately so that the other workers do not get distracted by how inappropriate your clothing is. They should have a specific dress code, as in something like for a girl would be a blouse, a dress jacket, dress pants and a 2" heel or flat dress shoes. For a male they should wear a dress shirt with a dress jacket over it, a tie, dress pants and nice dress shoes.
    Taylor Payton

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think a dress code is a good thing in office. The article is right, if you are a business person dress like one. I think this should be enforced in every office because it gives a seriousness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe that it is necassary for companies to have a dress code, it makes the company look better which ultimately makes the company do better. It helps to keep a work a\environment for everyone to work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with the article. Sometimes people will go all out dressing for something that they do everyday. The office is a workplace, not a party. A dress code at an office is a good idea, just not if that goes overboard too. Overdressing (or underdressing) can be an obstacle in the workplace.

    RJ Rainsberger

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to agree with the article. You should dress nice for your job. It's not a place to be messing around at. The dress code was made up for a reason and you should fallow it. Meaning don't dress super nice like your going to a wedding and don't dress like your going to a party.

    Katie Gill

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with the article too you should dress For work. I don't think they made a dress code so people wont look at it and I also think they should get warning or that they should take steps to find an approbate punishment but overall they should get fired after they have been warned.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with what they are doing. Workers should dress appropriately to the company's standards and if they don't they should get punished. It's common sense to dress right.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely agree with this article. If workers do not dress in the appropriate attire, it is hard to take them seriously. Failure to comply with the dress code should result in some sort of punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also agree with this article. I think that if you under dress, you can be very distracted at work/and or distract other people as they are working. It can also make buissness go away. That is why someone took time to make a dress code..for it to be followed by. Work is not all fun and games...unless you work at a zoo.
    Tony Cononie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it is good for companies to have a dress code. Some people wear clothing that isn't appropiate at all for work or even school. When your dress to go work your representing your company, if you dress unappropiately it could be distracting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think that it is very important to dress appropriately while at work. You are not only representing yourself, but the company. Therefore, if you want to be part of a company you should always look nice, be clean, and dress appropriately.

    ReplyDelete